Wednesday, April 29, 2009

DDK's online works moved to Google Site

In light of yahoo's recent announcement that the geocities.com platform will be soon discontinued, I have moved the online works of DD Kosambi that I had built at geocities to google sites. I find google sites to be simpler to build, besides it gives a good sitemap for better navigation. As readers of this blog probably know, these are only partial content from Kosambi's books from my original project. To get complete access to all his works, please go to Arvind Gupta's site.

I plan to expand the scope of the new site to add works by other historians, preferably those who have followed DDK's trail here. If you would like to join the effort, please send me an email at: readerswords at gmail dot com. Thanks!


2 comments:

HYDERABAD BOOK TRUST said...

I need some help.There is an old Telugu publication (1989) - a long essay by DD Kosambi. I want its English original. The Telugu title is Science and Society, and the essay should be about 35-40 pages. The sub-headings, roughly retranslated from the Telugu are like this:
1. The steps in science
a) THe use of science
b)THe philosophy of nature
d) Ancient Indian culture
e) Social issues
2. Issues of science in underdeveloped countries. Can you help me trace it?
Gita Ramaswamy, Hyderabad

readerswords said...

You might be referring to one of the essays in DDK's book Science, Society and Peace (possibly the first essay in the collection). You can download the book from here:
http://arvindguptatoys.com/arvindgupta/sspkosambi.zip

Youi can also find almost everything written by or on DD Kosambi at the Arvind Gupta's site (http://arvindguptatoys.com)-> Books in English-> Search for "Kosambi" to see the list of his books.